Kalusugan + Kalakasan becomes a LIVE WELL SAN DIEGO Partner
Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness becomes a
LIVE WELL SAN DIEGO PARTNER
Proclamation by San Diego County Supervisor Greg Cox
July 8, 2017
Location: 1936 Quivira Way, Suite G-7 – Marina Village
- It is my pleasure to be here today to recognize Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness for the wonderful work you do to promote a healthy, safe and thriving community, and to acknowledge you as the newest Live Well San Diego partner.
- As most of you are aware, the County launched Live Well San Diego in 2010 to improve the health and safety of all residents after being faced with the reality that more than half of San Diego County residents die of preventable chronic diseases.
- The Live Well San Diego vision is to improve the health and safety of all residents, which encourages healthy lifestyles, like exercising regularly, eating healthy foods, and supporting our communities in the areas of mental health and addiction recovery so we can assist others to live rich and full lives.
- Live Well San Diego partners are a key factor in the success of this vision. Without invested champions and community leaders like those in Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness, we would not see this vision succeed.
- Live Well San Diego recognizes partners that are influential, who go above and beyond, and who are forward thinking.
- We understand that a coordinated effort among all sectors — businesses, schools, military, community organizations, and service providers — is needed to make the greatest impact and that with every community partner playing their unique part, powerful change is possible.
- Live Well San Diego is more than a plan – it’s about action:
- Action that Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness puts into play by providing a range of education, advocacy and hands-on experiences promoting physical and mental wellness through positive lifestyle choices for the underserved Filipino and Asian Pacific Islander population.
Through Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness’s commitment
- Through Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness’s commitment to safe and healthy lifestyles, and its efforts for community outreach, advocacy, research and education, it is furthering the Live Well San Diego vision of a healthy, safe and thriving San Diego.
- It is our vision that through the Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness partnership with Live Well San Diego, not only will our collaborative efforts continue to grow, but individuals, families and the extended community served by their program’s many activities will see better physical and mental wellness outcomes, have more well-rounded and positive lifestyles, and in turn be better able to thrive in their environments.
- Live Well San Diego has become the common thread that ties the work of public and private community organizations, providers, agencies and stakeholders together toward a shared purpose for the region.
- Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness is a considerable asset in promoting the Live Well San Diego vision and this official partnership with the County means making a formal commitment to align with the goals of healthy, safe and thriving communities.
- It provides Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness with the opportunity to share best practices throughout San Diego County and to gain access to resources from other partners as well as the County of San Diego.
- It is now my pleasure to honor Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness by presenting this Proclamation, on behalf of the County’s Board of Supervisors, highlighting the work you have done throughout the years to make the County of San Diego a healthy, safe and thriving community.
- We look forward to a strong collaborative partnership as we move Live Well San Diego into the future.
- Please join me in applauding Kalusugan Kalakasan Center for Health and Wellness for the outstanding work you do every day.
- Thank you!
Pictured above are the attendees of our Strategic Planning Retreat, along with a representative from Supervisor Greg Cox’s office, to recognize Kalusugan + Kalakasan as a Live Well Partner.